- Your body maintains a stable internal enviroment called homeostasis.
- Four types of tissues work to maintain homeostsis.Each tissue has a special job to do.
- tissues work together to form organs.
- a group of organs working together for a common purpose is called an organ system.
- there are 11 major organ systems in the human body.
- A joint is where two bones meet.Some joints allow alot of movement, some allow little or no movement.
- Bones attach to bones by connective tissues called ligaments.
- The action of muscle on bones and joints often works like a simple machine called a lever.
- Skeletal muscels and tendons make up the muscular system.
- you have three types of muscles: SMOOTH, CARDIAC, and SKELETAL.
- Muscles are attached to bones by tendons.
- Exercise helps keeps your muscular system healthy.
- your skin,hair,and nails make up your integumentary system.
- your skin has two layers that contain a veriety of small organs.
- your hair and nails help protect your body.
- skin can be damaged, but it has an amazing ability to repair its self.